1 Tulua Butter Masala
½ cup idli rice or aborio rice (120g)
50g grated cheese (parmesan or cheddar)
2 eggs Panko bread crumbs
White flour (maida)
Make the rice filling:
- In a small pot bring 2 litres of water to a simmer.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat butter masala and rice with half cup water. Stir gently till the water has been absorbed.
- Continue this process until the rice is cooked and has risotto-like consistency. - Add butter, cream and cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour out rice onto a flat tray and cool in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Remove rice from the fridge and roll it into 10 evenly sized logs.
- In a shallow bowl add 2 eggs with a little water.
- In 2 separate plates- add breadcrumbs and Maida.
- To crumb croquettes, roll you rice log in flour, then in egg wash and next in bread crumbs. Repeat until all croquettes are crumbed.
- Heat vegetable oil until 180C or until a small piece of bread crumb immediately rises to the surface when dropped in oil.
- Fry, drain and serve
- Eat with chutney or mayonnaise.