Makes - 3 large bowls
- Tulua Malabar Curry - 1 pack
-180g Dry rice noodles. Cooked and rinsed under cold water.
- 3 Soft boiled eggs
- 200g Mixed Greens - mustard greens, snow peas peas, beans etc
- 350g Eggplant - chopped into 4cm cubes
- Vegetable oil
1. Lightly salt eggplant and let it rest for 20 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture and pat dry.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry eggplant on medium heat until golden brown but not cooked through. Set aside.
3. In a pot, heat the malabar paste, 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer over low heat.
4. Add eggplant and continue cooking until the eggplant is soft.
Add more water if necessary during cooking (you want a nice thin coconut broth).
5. Boil a pan of salted water. Blanch green vegetables lightly.
6. Construct soup by add cold noodles to the bottom of the bowl, add coconut eggplant broth, top with soft boiled egg cut in half and your green vegetables.