- 2 cup black/kidney beans.
- 2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (caramelised)
- 1 capsicum
- 6 green chillies
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Burger bun
- Mayo or cream cheese (Vegans can opt for nut mayo)
- Purple & green cabbage
1. Cook 1 cup black beans or kidney beans. (drain the water and set aside. Ensure they are dry. You can roast it on a pan or over to get rid of excess water)
2. Sauté 1 finely chopped onion, ½ finely chopped capsicum, 3finely chopped green chillies and garlic till the onions are translucent.
3. In a mixing bowl, add beans and mash them, add the sauté veggies, ⅓ cup bread crumbs and 1 packet of Malabar Curry paste.
4. Mix well to combine all, add more paste if necessary but ensure the mix is not too loose.
5. Form into patties and refrigerate for 10-15mins. Grill and set aside.
Assemble the Burger:
1. Toast the burger bun. Mix Mayo or Cream cheese with finely chopped curry leaves. Make a slaw with cabbage.
2. To the toasted bun, add herb mayo/cream cheese, followed by slaw. Top it with patty, caramelised onions, microgreens and serve.